Friday, June 19, 2009

We're back!!! Kind of...

So we are back from Prague. We arrived at about 7:30 this morning, but are without a ride back to Zakościele until late tonight. So, for now, we are sitting Starbucks trying to catch some rest. I'm typing this blog from my iPod because we are computer-less, so I will probably give you a short update of our journey.

Prague was gorgeous! Words can't even begin to describe it. We got in Prague about 7 am Wednesday morning and, thanks to some help from out Nigerian friend Kingsley, we were checked into the Hostel by 8 am. We caught a tram across town and met our wonderful tour guide (and friend) Noel Garrett (some of you may know her twin sister Holly Garrett, and yes, they look exactly alike). We went on a killer hike, seeing almost every major monument in Prague by 5 pm. We also had time for some Czech coffee and conversation. Some sites inculded Old Town, the Charles Bridge and Prague castle (pictures to be uploaded soon!).

We closed out the night with my Birthday dinner, where I has one of my new favorite meals of all time: Spinach Fettucci Alfredo with Salmon. Unbelievable! The next morning Erich and I did some exploring of our own by visiting Old Town once again, and then we stopped by some local markets. We met up with Noel at noon and took another monster hike to a church on a hill. It gave such a beautiful view of the city. We spent most of our time there wandering a monumental graveyard. It was so neat to see, and had so much history. This was probably one of my favorite parts.

We closed our time with Noel by sharing some ice cream and coffee over great conversation. We talked about what the church is doing in Czech, what it is doing in Poland and what it is doing in the US. We said our goodbyes, and went off to the train station. Erin and I made the easy decision to pay an extra $19 for beds on the train. I got adaquate sleep, but Erich experienced some motion sickness so we're recovering in Starbucks right now.

We will probably venture down the street to Old Town Warsaw in an hour or so. We'll have more updates to come when we arrive in Zakościele either tonight or tomorrow. Hope all is well where ever you are. We appreciate your support!

-Dane

1 comment:

  1. AH! NOEL! Thats amazing! I am praying for you guys! It sounds like you are learning so much! I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete