Thursday, June 11, 2009

Amazingly intrigued by today...

What started off to feel like a different day actually turned out to be just that. Last night I slept horribly. I could not really fall asleep. I do not know if it had something to do with the stupid mosquito in our room that I could keep hearing or if it was the acid reflux from Capone's pizza. Regardless, I did not sleep well at all. After waking up and finding the few bites that our little pesky friend made (I'm starting to think that mosquitoes should glow in the dark that way it is easy to kill them while trying to sleep), I started reading our chapters from Luke that is part of the daily reading that all PROem staff is doing. I was struck by 2 sets of verses. Luke 21:27 and Luke 21:34-36.

Luke 21:27 - And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luke 21:34-36 - But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.


I am not entirely sure why I was struck by these verses, but something tells me that it pertains to this summer. Part of me needs to constantly remember that the Son of Man has such power and great glory and who am I to forget that. And I also need to stay on guard here in Poland. Though I may start to think I am doing God's work and His calling, I cannot fall asleep and I cannot be concerned with the worries of this world. Though I may be in another country, the same struggles, the same worries, the same situations will continue to attack me and weigh me down.

Just a little recap of the day. Like I started off this post, it was different. We spent the entire day in the snack shack selling snacks and drinks. To me this seemed like torture. I love to go out and do things and be active, but this was just sitting around and waiting for people to come in. But as the day progressed I started to enjoy it. As customers came in I got to work on my Polish (which sucks) and got to study. It was better than I thought it would be. Though there were times I wanted to just escape, it was not bad at all.

Tomorrow will probably be the same. I think we can endure another day of this. Though it doesn't seem fun and may seem like it is not beneficial, the truth is that it allows us to create some cool relationships with people. Just like today we met 2 guys who are living here. One guy owns his own business and the other guy is from Canada and works for the church. It was interesting to talk to them. And then there is Dominik, whom will probably be there again tomorrow, who continually talked to us in Polish and laughed at us. It was annoying but also good to start to pick up on some Polish. Pray that we don't get too frustrated with him tomorrow.

Keep praying for the Kenya team. It sounded like in their last post that they were going to be travelling all this week. Pray for safe travels, and make sure to check out their blog.

Love you guys
-Erich

Sorry if some of this seems random and incoherent...I am tired and am about to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment