Saturday, June 13, 2009

Górski's, Gofry & Good Times













It has been the perfect ‘lay under the covers weather’. Rain has lightly drizzled all day and has proved to be a great time to sit back and relax. Reading, writing, and experiencing a little Gofry.


Yesterday was day two of the church from Warsaw’s retreat. It was yet another day of operating the snack shack, with a little rock climbing mixed in. Erich had the chance to talk with a few people from the church for a while. They asked hard questions, like “why are you in Poland” and “why don’t American’s try and share the gospel in America.” They were asked wholeheartedly (and with complete sincerity), but definitely made me think about my purpose a little more.


We closed out the night by sneaking away to Górski’s with Paweł, Ewa and Gosza. It was my first time and was quite the experience. Gorski’s can be described as the nicest ‘truck stop’ you’ve ever been to, with a fire grill and fantastic meat. I had the Pork. I really wish you could try some.


Today started with a morning run for me, and as I was arriving on the premises, it started to rain. It hasn’t stopped since then. The group from Warsaw left at about 2 PM and after hanging out at camp for a while, Erich, Paweł and I went into Spała to eat some Gofry (pictured above). Again, this was a first for me (and for Erich). Gofry is like a big waffle, covered with whipped cream and whatever toppings you want. I chose toffee and bits of chocolate. Fantastic!


We are in the room now, and I am about to Skype in with the family. Today was my brother’s graduation, so my entire family is over at our house to celebrate. I’m going to check in with them and see what’s going on back home. Afterward, we are going to watch Airplane!. Paweł has never seen it, and since it is my favorite movie, we told him we were going to watch it.


Tomorrow Erich is playing bass at church again (I wasn’t good enough, so they cut me loose... just kidding). We are also finalizing plans for our Prague trip, so please be praying for safety there. We will taking a night train, which is known for much theft and such.


Hope all is well. We are doing great here. Thanks for caring enough to check in on us!


-Dane

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you guys are enjoying even the rainy days! gorski's is ammmmazing. did you see all the cameras? it's because they're run by the mafia. and the gofry from the market in Tomaszow with strawberry sauce is the best kind! I'm so glad y'all are getting plugged in and acclimated to the country! have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete