Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Place I Never Thought I Would Be...

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, FOR MY NAME’S SAKE, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life!


I read this verse from Matthew yesterday. I’ve read it before, but it truly resonated yesterday. I know this isn’t my goal. My goal never has been and never can be to inherit eternal life because, the selfishness of such a goal takes power and glory away from God, Jesus Christ and the cross. But I still see this as a call on my life, as well as others.


Every day I have grown in a deeper understanding of my personal strengths and it’s become obvious that I thrive and fuel myself through quiet study and listening to or watching others. This only makes sense to me. I don’t think anyone else is like that. Anyway, it has filled my head with ideas about future.


I told myself a month ago that when I left the states, I was done with coffee. I had spent the last three years surrounded by it, and was kind of over it all. I’m beginning to realize I am not. Coffee shops are home to me. They are where I flourish. I find comfort and refreshment there. Alone or meeting others, it’s all gravy (yeah, I just said gravy). I have begun to see the effectiveness of a place like this for conversation and connectedness. It’s a place for culture to collide and life to flourish.


I think I was truly effected by someone I met recently who had used similar circumstances in other areas of the world. I just see my passions and desires coming together with a call inside of me: to leave my home for Christ’s sake alone. I don’t know specifics. Please keep praying for that. I see opportunity to be a part of this in Poland. I see opportunity elsewhere. Just please keep praying for clarity.


We ran the snack shack all day yesterday, but this consisted of time for study and relaxation (for the most part). I had to run a few miles down the street to buy espresso from the market when we realized we were out. The night closed out with me doing some laundry, then lying in bed watching one of the coolest storms I have ever experienced right out the window.


Erich and I were up early to go rehearse music for church today. We were up early enough that we decided to play a quick game of chess before heading out. Church was great, as Rafał spoke about walking wisely in the Lord. Music went great as well. It’s crazy what God does through a little faithful prayer. After church, we went into Łódż with Chad and Amy once again and spent the afternoon bowling, ‘gaping’ and I ate my first Wiener Snitzel. We also met up with Daniel and Edyta while we were there and joined them for afternoon coffee.


Tomorrow morning we are meeting with John Crozier to talk about our experience so far and spend some time in biblical study. It’s been a joy and I keep learning. I’m excited about what this time will bring about in each of us.


The Kenya team had their “Bible Translation Run” yesterday. Make sure to check in with them and their experience. We love you all.


-Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment