Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ok, so like 13 hours...

Tomorrow, it all begins. Campers will arrive at 12:00 noon, and I am so excited. We have been waiting for this all summer. Junior English camp is first, followed by one of the Fishart camps. I’m pumped. Erich is leading a group, with our friend Tom as an assistant (and translator), and I will be assisting Adam Sokoł’s group. Adam is another one of those guys that I have been truly blessed through conversations, so I am excited to draw a little closer to him this coming week.


Another group from the states arrived today. There are about 9 or 10 people who work in the children’s ministry at Southeast, and we’ve already begun conversations. They have taken a team to this camp every year (I think) for quite a while now. I’m excited about the dimensions they bring to the teaching portions of the week.


Lastly we caught up on the Truth Project tonight. Once again, the concept seems to flow out of what I was reading. This morning I read a passage talking about our story and the effect it has on unbelievers. Thought the Truth Project didn’t talk about this specifically, it discussed history and the importance of recognizing it. Dell talked about the importance of not having near-sightedness, in order to follow the metanarrative (God’s grand story). I was thinking early today that this is somewhat what I has been laid on my heart to talk about in our morning meeting, so this definitely reaffirmed my thoughts.


Lastly, we moved into the cabins today. I’m all the way out in the last cabin and Erich is in the second to last. We don’t have internet out there, so we may not be updating every day. We’ll see once we get going.


Please be praying for the children that are coming this week, that their hearts are soft to what God needs to teach them. Also, please continue to pray that we are effective, through both communication and just plain serving. We love you all!


-Dane

1 comment:

  1. praying for you guys! I'm so glad you got to meet my sister and that God has you there strategically for these camps and so much more. so excited for all God is doing in you and through you!!!- Holly-LIA

    ReplyDelete