Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Please Be Praying Tonight

Today has had it’s ups and downs. The good news is, God has received glory, and that matters most.


My group has been pushing the limit with our leader (Adam Sokół), and after a long heart to heart conversation last night, not much changed. One our of guys went home because of sickness, another is mentally home, and another is only here right now because his father pleaded that we let him stay. Please, keep these 12 guys in your prayers. This has been a struggle for both me and Adam.


Also, I’m struggling with the cultural differences of the kids. I have quickly learned that I have no authority over these kids. I’m not sure why, but when I call a child over to me or ask something of them, they completely ignore me and don’t listen. It’s getting rather frustrating and VERY difficult. Please keep my patience in your prayers as well.


On the other hand, things have gone great today. English class went very well (I think they really enjoyed it), my morning devotion went extremely smoothly (I said what I needed to say, briefly) and the preaching was phenomenal. John Crozier spoke to the students this morning once again, and was extremely effective. He brings such a creative twist to such basic teaching.


At night, Adam Smórek spoke. I can’t compare him to John because they teach so differently, but I haven’t been so excited about someone teaching the gospel to children in a long time. God was present in the room, moving Adam’s heart and speaking through him, while simultaneously speaking into children’s lives. At least 1/3 of the campers came forward after the message to speak to their leaders about God. It was SOOOO cool.


Again, please keep praying for the things above. Also, I am leading the devotional again tomorrow morning, and am not nearly as prepared as today. Please pray that the spirit moves and that my words are effective.


I love you all. Thanks for the support!


-Dane

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you guys! I know camp can be frustrating with the culture difference. That's why you have the leader/co-leader duo so y'all can lean on each other. I'll pray for your boys, they sound crazy.. but they need that love and attention you can give them. I always loved/was scared of Wednesdays.. becuase I knew kids hearts would be affected and they didn't even know it yet... which is good but you also never know whats going to happen and how God's going to move!! :) and in the morning, I'm sure you'll be fine! God always speaks though someone who is willing to be a voice. Have fun! Tell everyone 'hey' for me. listen to music with Paul. and have fun with my brother (who gets there sat) enjoy!~Julie

    ReplyDelete