Sunday, July 5, 2009

So We Disappeared For A Few Days.

Sorry guys,  but our schedule got a little inconsistent the past few days, so I haven’t been able to update. The first week of camp ended, and I am actually really happy about that. Adam and I just had a very troublesome group, and it was quite a struggle. He said in all his time working at Zako, he has never had a group quite like that. Therefore, I was extremely excited to move on to the next week.


The last few days of Junior English camp, our kids started to come around and began to truly bond. They even won a competition to create a song and preform it in front of the rest of camp. They were TRULY awesome, and it was really cool to see them come together for that.


We went out to Górski last night to celebrate Erich’s 25th birthday. It was a good time to relax with Dawid Wojnar, Jake, and Adam Śmórek. We had a blast, and sang happy birthday to him today.


Also, today kids arrived for Junior Fishart camp. This camp is a mix of multiple different kinds of art, such as music, dance, video, photography and other art. I will be teaching the medium-level kids guitar. Our name is Green Day, because we are just plain cool. Pray that I am effective in doing so. I’ve never done this before.


Lastly, I am the leader of a group this week, as well as leading devotions for the staff again. I was also asked to be in charge of the rock wall, but I am working on handing that responsibility to Erich. He is only an assistant this week, so we think he will be more able to take care of the rock wall. It will be quite busy, but I am ready for it. I have one kids in my room who studied English in an American school for 3 years, so he is extremely fluent. Also my guys are just a big ball of energy (like, REALLY good energy). They are excited about everything.


I hope all is well wherever you are. I should be updating in the mornings this week, so definitely look for it. Thanks once again!


-Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment