Friday, July 17, 2009

Praising God Always

Psalm 150:6

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

This verse has been in my head the past few days. Last night, it all came flooding down like a monsoon of emotion and glorification. Thursday morning Brian Sites led us in devotionals and mentioned Psalm 150. This is the last Psalm and all the other Psalms we read about times of pain, suffering, enduring, glory and remorse. And at the very end we read, Praise the Lord. Amidst all suffering, all remorse and pain we still praise the Lord. I had to start looking at this really hard earlier this week, when I found out I had pink eye. Never had it before, never really even wanted it. And I found myself wanting to be miserable and feel sorry for myself. But looking back, God's grace was upon me. It allowed me to get some rest and to just refocus my attention on God.

Praise the Lord. Hallelujah.

But last night was a worship night that was so amazing. Hearts pouring forth songs of praise and adoration to our Creator. I just found myself so caught up in the moment that there was nothing I could do but pray. Pray for the hearts in that room that the praise they were singing was for God and not just a cool sounding song. And then at the end, God was glorified. The kids wanted an encore. And then another encore. It was so amazing. It was so glorifying.

I keep thinking about the word glory and glorification and praise. I think of us as creatures created to serve the purpose of glorifying God. But if God is glorious and is the definition of glory, then how can glory be given to the Gloriest of Glory? It has been on my heart recently, along with the idea of God being a jealous God. El Qatar. And yet these two concepts work together. God is jealous. What does he want from us. He wants us to glorify Him and praise Him. He wants what is rightly His. I know that there is more to God being jealous and wanting our praise and glory, but these are the concepts that are on my heart right now.

I look at all that has happened these past few months and I am in awe of who God is and what he is continuing to do. Please continue to pray that Dane and I can find comfort in knowing that God is in control and that we may not really know what our next step is after Mi2, but that God will reveal this in His right time. And pray that we, as a body in Poland and around the world, even back home, know what it means to really give glory and praise God.

Love you guys.
Erich

No comments:

Post a Comment