Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life Has Been Great

In case you can’t tell from my 1 1/2 week absence from Blogging, life has been great. The last camp finished well, with 8 of my 12 kids coming forward to ask questions about God. This week has been relaxing, but continually busy.


Although I am only leading a guitar workshop and working in the snack shack this week, I have been busy with other things. Erich and I had to start reading the book the Call (Os Guinness) this week, so that had taken some time, and we have spent a lot of time with the Southeast group that is here right now. There are 6 people here from Southeast, and Christian Academy of Louisville sent a group of 4 girls and 1 adult. So we’ve enjoyed some new relationships that remind us of home.


Wow. We have 22 days until we leave. It feels like just the other day that we arrived. I don’t know where the time has gone, and I don’t know if I have much more clarity in regards to the future. Just confusion.


This week has served as a reminder of God’s love. I guess I had just grown numb to it. In Exodus 34, God calls himself Jealous. Like, he says it’s his name. He is Jealous for our affection. Not in a worldly view of jealousy, but in a way that resounds I care about you, and I understand that you will never find anyone like me. Therefore, I am Jealous, because I know what is best for you.


It’s crazy to begin to understand that. It changes my habits and the ways I interact with people.


Lastly, please be in prayer for the High Schoolers here this week. They are hearing the word preached in full, so please pray that they are receptive. Also, please pray for my direction. This has been a big worry on my heart the past week. I am praying for clarity.


Thanks again. Sorry for the absence, but know that I have been fulfilling the ministry in my time away!


-Dane


Also, Erich suffered from some sever pink eye earlier this week, and is almost finished healing. Please keep praying that he heals fully and that it doesn’t spread to anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Praying for you guys!! "The Call" is AMAZING! Reading it over seas was awesome for me too. I cannot wait to see what God is doing in your lives and to hear all your stories!!

    ReplyDelete