Thursday, July 23, 2009

Narrowing Down the Days

It's hard to believe that our time here is almost over. This is something that I do not like to think about just because of the great relationships that have been built here as well as the love for the country. I keep thinking about how God has continually moved to get Dane and I here, and how Sovereign He is. Without any of our doings, we got here. And now that we are here, we are learning a lot, loving people and just having a great summer. Like any child when the summer ends and they are about to go back to school, we are feeling the same way.

I would say that for both of us, one of the things that we can take out of this experience is that we now have an idea of where we need to be going. The path we were going down before this trip has been completely changed and the new direction seems so much nicer and better and more fitting to who we are and how we operate. I know that this adventure will shape the rest of our future. How we do not know, but I think after a few weeks of being back home we will see some of the results of what has taken place.

This week has been a completely different week. Basketball all week. I haven't experienced this since I was little and going to Rick Pitino's Basketball camp. 5 different countries in one place to learn about basketball, play basketball and learn about Jesus. It doesn't get much better than this. I have been coaching a team and after 4 days of playing, I finally got a win last night. I have been instilling into my kids the importance of team work and passing and making smart decisions. That it is not about winning and losing but to work as a team and to be smart in the decisions that we take. I started thinking about this and how much this applies to our relationship with Christ and one another. It's amazing how we can learn a lot from basketball.

Well I am off to rehearse for this morning. Continue to pray that God will work through us Mi2'ers (Kenya and Poland)

Love you guys.
Erich

1 comment: