Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Busy As Always

It’s been a great (and yet still hectic) start to Interkosz, Proem’s International basketball camp. The kids have been enthusiastic so far. It’s so cool people from multiple different competing and laughing over the game of basketball. This week, we have kids here from all over Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, and the Ukraine. The weird part is, after weeks of kids camps, this week consists of all kinds of guys over 6’2”. It’s pretty intimidating.


As well as camp starting this week, we got to go with Southeast’s short-term group to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Kraków. What a humbling experience. Words cannot express the feelings I felt being there. At one point, we stood in a gas room that was used to kill thousands of innocent lives. You could still smell the scents of the suffering that took place.


Overall things are going really well. I’m constantly busy with various tasks, and unfortunately rarely find time to read The Call (which we started last week). I need to keep up with it, so pray that I find that quiet time during the day. Also, I’ve been placed in charge of scheduling games each day, which has taken another hour or so out each day. It’s exciting, and it’s a way I’ve actually been able to use the things I learned in school.


I hope all is well, wherever you are. Please keep these last few weeks of ours in you prayers. This weekend we are supposed to leave fro “Real Hope”, so please keep that inner-city mission project in your prayers as well.


Love you all!

Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment