Saturday, July 25, 2009

Interkosz Ends, Realna Akcja Begins.

What a beautiful day. This morning we got up early to wish the American group goodbye. This was such a great group, and so willing to contribute. They literally ran this camp all week. It was awesome to get to know them. They have such hearts for what they do. It was a great week.


I spent a lot of time with Maciek this week. I didn’t realize how much I am going to miss him until mid-week. His heart is SOOO big, and he encouraged me in more ways than he could understand this week. To see him pour his heart out to our small group of guys was just incredible. We spent the week discussing the gospel with 7 eighteen year old guys from Lithuania. They are unbelievable basketball players, and I think they are starting to understand who God is. It’s such a beautiful picture.


The week was really busy from all of the scheduling I had to do, but today was a great day to relax. We had the entire afternoon free, so I was able to catch up on our reading, work on the rock wall, watch a movie and Skype with a few people. I wished my parents a happy anniversary (28 years), I got to catch up with Paul Phillips and we got to talk with our Kenya team for a little while. They’re doing great, but struggling with the same life decisions we are. They are preparing for a medical initiatives conference this week, so please keep that in your prayers.


Tomorrow, after church, Erich and I leave for Sandomierz, Poland for a week long service project. We are going to blitz the city with different projects that need to be completed. Please be praying for our safety as we stay the night in this unfamiliar city, as well the conversations we will have with the locals. Pray that we are effective in out outreach.


Thanks again for following us. It means the world. I will try to update this week, but I may be hindered from doing so because I won’t be bringing my computer to Sandomierz. Have a great week, and we will update you by next Sunday!


-Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment