Thursday, July 2, 2009

I need sleep...

So tonight/this morning was interesting. I was woken up many times during the night to hear people come into my room and get video of the kids sleeping/drawing on them/waking them up. It is currently 5 in the morning and I am ready to go. With about 3 to 4 hours of sleep I cannot go back to sleep.

Yesterday was really good. We had a forest excursion with the kids, which tested my patience. We then had some time to worship, teach English and have free time. We then had a camp fire which included the usual Polish sausage and bigos. But there was a pleasant surprise from the Southeast team that is here and that was a good ol' American S'more. It was delicious.

I do not know what this week has taught me other than to just trust that God has something bigger planned. I am unsure of how God has used me in this time with the kids as a leader/counselor. It has been difficult in many aspects and there are many times that there is frustration. But the nice thing is that above it all, I know that God is in control of the situation and there is a reason for the role in which I, and Dane, are playing. We just pray that God will use us any way possible to reach the youth.

Today is the last whole day of camp. There are 62 kids that are staying for the next camp, which means that some counselors will have to keep working throughout the weekend. I think that none of my guys are staying so it will be good to get time to rest and relax a little bit for one day. Rest and relaxation is an understatement since we will still be working to get the camp ready for the next week.

Other than that everything is great here. We are constantly amazed that God has brought us here for almost 3 months. What an amazing blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment