Monday, May 11, 2009

It's all a mountain of clothes...

This post is quite a bit shorter; just a brief update:

It's Monday afternoon. Erich and I are about to have our FINAL weekly meeting before Directives. It's almost here...

We're both excited and blessed to be embarking on this journey. I can't really put into words how I feel right now. Everyone keeps asking, but I'm not really sure what to say other than "expectation-less".

It's going to be a long week of finalizing my packing and saying goodbyes. I got a good start on packing last week, but I hope to finish by Thursday night. I started with a large mountain of clothes, but have continued reducing the load. I think I've got everything down to one suitcase, so that is quite a relief.

Please keep praying for the people we will encounter this summer. Also, pray for our hearts, that they are open to the work that will be done in them. We know we will be changed, but we also know we need encouragement along the way.

Lastly, only a few more posts until we reveal our surprise. It's an electronic way for us to keep better in touch with you all. But it's so much more than just that. Be prepared.

We love and appreciate what you are doing. I want to leave you with this:
"As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry"
-2 TIMOTHY 4:5

2 comments:

  1. 2 Timothy 4 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible! The "charge" is hard to ignore! I love how Paul tells him(us) to be bold and ready for anything! I love when he says it'll be hard.. but cary on! "Do as I did.. teach as I taught." I love it!

    I can't wait to see/read what all you guys experience!
    (I'm still a little jealous... but I'm working on that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the surprise.

    ReplyDelete