Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baptisms and Kełbasa

Sunday, to say the least was truly amazing. Words cannot describe how great our God is. The day started with the men getting together for workshops and then breakfast. After that was time to worship and finish the last teaching session. The time before the last teaching was great for me to just to refocus and see God moving. There is nothing better for me than to see men get together to understand what it means to be a Christian man and to grow spiritually and mentally as men.

After that there were 3 baptisms in the river. I am going to see if I cannot upload some videos of them but if not, they were amazing. We had a picnic and then had some fun games for the men. The rest of the day consisted of the guys packing up and getting ready to go, but before they left we had one last meal. An open fire pit for some roasting of kełbasa. It was yum yum delicious!

After that we got to go over to Daniel and Edyta's house to play UNO Attack (the polish version) with Kuba, Kuba, Ula and Evalyna. This was some good times to just try and connect with others. I am so amazed at what God does.

One thing that really hit me the most today, was that though I have only been here for over a week, I feel like I have been here longer. And that is a good thing because it feels like home. The people are so caring and friendly, the food is amazing and God is present among here. I guess the only thing that is different is the amount of deli meat and bread I have consumed over the past week, but that is nothing to complain about.

Keep praying for spiritual growth in us but also the Polish people, the Kenya group and the Kenyans. Be sure to check out what Mi2 Kenya is doing, because they have some amazing adventures ahead of them as well!

Love you guys and thank you for continuing to read and pray.

-Erich

P.S. We get to sleep in this Monday morning...Hooray for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment