Sunday, May 31, 2009

10K & Picture Day

Yesterday morning started with a 10K at 6 AM. I about DIED! I haven’t run that hard in months, and definitely haven’t been up before 6:30 AM since arriving in Poland. What a great way to start the morning though...


Although yesterday was filled with activities for the men’s conference (archery, shooting, soccer, rock climbing, etc.), I had a rather relaxing day. I mainly went around and took pictures of all the activities going on. It was fun to just stop and watch for a while. I needed that.


Our night session included the auctioning of poster sized pictures taken in Afghanistan. The funds raised from the auction go to support familiar groups in Afghanistan, which build wells, houses and schools for the community. Some of the pictures were being bought for close to $400 Zloty (about $125 USD). This was just another very neat experience.


Today is the last day of Kafas. Keep praying that men leave here changed and ready to embrace their roles as godly men.


Take care. I hope you have enjoyed your day.


-Dane


PS - Check Facebook for pictures from yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment